Sunday, May 5, 2013

Zoo Day!

On April 15, Kasidee went on her kindergarten field trip to the zoo!  Of course...it was cold and rainy!  She had so much fun riding on the school bus.  Quentin had the day off and he and I drove up to the zoo and were able to join everyone there.  In our group, we had 3 girls and 4 parents!  (There's lots of parental involvement at our school!!)  They endured the cold weather and had a lot of fun.  The plan was to eat lunch at a park but it was so cold so they quickly made arrangements to eat lunch at the state capitol.  What a fun experience!
 
April 15 was also Quentin and my 16-year anniversary!  Since Quentin had the day off, we took the girls out of school early (after getting home from the field trip) and went out for an early dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.  We had planned on going up to Park City to browse and see the Lego exhibit but it was just such miserable weather we decided against it.  When we got home that evening, Quentin had decorated our downstairs kitchen with balloons and a "Sweet 16" banner - and he had yummy strawberry shortcake for us!  Quentin and I decided early on that we want to involve the girls when celebrating our anniversary because it's kind of a family event, plus it will help the girls learn how important anniversaries are!  Besides, everything is more fun with them!
 
 
 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. You are great parents. I LOVE celebrating our anniversary without the kids but LOVE your cute idea of sharing it with them. Because it IS SO IMPORTANT!!!
You are great.
I hope you don't mind that I copy the picture of all the kids at the capitol. I couldn't go to that part of the field trip and missed that. It's so cute!!!