Thursday, November 15, 2012

Funnies

Makenna's favorite toy is a little monkey that has a face only a mother could love. She adores Georgia (and insists that's a boy's name) and loves to take him around with her. Just in the last 2 weeks, she left him at her cousin's house for 5 days, left him at her piano lesson, and then left him at school when we were at SEP conferences. She didn't realize she left him there till 9:00 p.m. Of course the school was closed by then, and all 3 girls were worried that he would be scared, that someone would take him or throw him away, etc. Makenna's little heartfelt prayer that night was so sweet. I sat by her bed as she tossed and turned and tried to fall asleep. All of a sudden, she popped her head up and said, "Mama, did you know that it's a family tradition that if someone loses a toy then they can't sleep all night?" It took her awhile but then she drifted off to sleep. Daddy was a hero the next morning when he went to the school early in the morning and found Georgia, right where Makenna left him. Thank goodness!

The other day Makenna asked me how much money Quentin and I have. Without giving specifics, I thought it would be a good time to have a little lesson about the importance of saving money and preparing for the future. I asked her if she knows what the word "retire" means. She said, "Yeah - it's when you're, like, 60 and you're not useful anymore so you don't work."

Makenna ate some yogurt/fruit/granola for breakfast - she couldn't seem to get enough and had 2 servings. As she was walking around, she said, "Oh - I think my yogurt's on the move!"

No comments: