I'm a little late...but the first day of school was last Tuesday. I was so excited to have it finally start after Labor Day. It was nice to have one or two extra weeks of summer, but I have to admit that I still wasn't quite ready - mentally or emotionally - for it to start. It just didn't seem real yet. But we went through the motions and I think we're all just going with the flow. So...we've got a fifth grader, third grader, and kindergartener. What happened?! Kiera is loving her teacher (I just found out that she won a national teaching award last year!) and Makenna is excited to have her teacher back - she was there the first day but then had a sub for the next few days so she could be with her daughter who just had a baby. Kasidee is doing okay - after a few months of really hating to be away from me, she's doing, well, okay. Every morning when I wake her up, the first thing she says is, "This is going to be hard." But she's doing it, and I'm proud of how brave she is - but inside my heart is breaking. Thank goodness it's only a couple of hours - I think she and I both count down to when we can be together again!
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment