Friday night, Quentin and I joined my Book Club friends and their husbands for a date! We went out to eat and then watched "Hunger Games." Hunger Games was not one of our Book Club picks, but the other 6 ladies in the Book Club and 5 of their husbands had all read it, and we thought it would be a good excuse for an outing. Neither Quentin nor I had read the book, but we were excited to be with some of our closest friends.
Um...am I the only one in America that doesn't get this obsession with Hunger Games / Twilight / Harry Potter and other incredibly dark and disturbing movies? I knew going in to Hunger Games what the plot was basically about, but I figured there would be some redeeming quality of the movie, maybe some creativity or thrilling plot twist. But it was just a dark movie. And weird. And disturbing. Now, don't get me wrong. I was very happy to go on a date and to join our friends - we had a great time with our friends. But I guess I just don't understand why so many people love this stuff!
So...to sort of counteract the "darkness" that I was still feeling the next day, I decided I needed something uplifting and light. Watching Conference certainly helped, and when Quentin went to Priesthood my girls and I sat down and watched "Anne of Green Gables." When it started, I got tears in my eyes! I remember being about Kiera's age when my mom and I would watch Anne together - and here I was, passing on the love to my own children! Anne is simple and sweet (long and uneventful as some may say) but it is just what we needed!
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Oh I love Anne of Green Gables!
P.S. I loved sharing a table with you the other night.
Post a Comment