Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Catch-Up

For some reason, lately I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like to. It's not that I'm any busier than usual - I guess it just hasn't been at the top of my priority list. However, I really like blogging as a way of scrapbooking/journaling, so I keep attempting to catch up. I don't know if anyone else cares (or even reads this), but at least I feel better having it caught up - for now! So here's what's been happening lately....

Spring has finally arrived, and the girls have really been enjoying playing outside. One day Makenna and her friends raided the recycling bin so they could each construct "bug houses." And Kasidee and her friend love playing in the playhouse and on the swingset - and climbing in our apple trees!





A little over a week ago, the girls' dear friends moved. Even though we've known for over 2 years that they would eventually be leaving, it seemed so sudden - and my girls have been heartbroken. They were the girls' first friends when we moved here, and Kiera has known them about half of her life! Although we are sad they left, we are excited for them in their new adventure - and we're happy that we can still see them every once in awhile. And Kiera especially loves that she has a new pen pal!




Kasidee sure entertains me when it's just the 2 of us at home. She is so creative - she loves to make things out of paper and tape, draw pictures, play "Sally and Suzy" with me, and play restaurant and store. I took these pictures about a week apart. She loves to wear her fairy wings! Here she is playing "Lemonade Store..."



And here she is, playing in a band. She was amazed she could play 3 different instruments at once!



I try not to overload the girls with too many extra-curricular activities during the school year (besides piano), but I couldn't pass up a second session of Spanish that the school is offering. Kiera and Makenna took the first session in the fall and loved it, so I was excited they offered an intermediate session. They're having fun. I also couldn't pass up a little cooking class that my neighbor is doing. It's one thing that was on my list to do with my girls someday, but having someone else do it is probably more fun for them that having their old mom try to teach them! Anyway, they look forward to going every week, and I must say I've been excited that the class has prompted them to try new foods! Yay!



Finally, last weekend we took a little trip to Lava Hot Springs with Quentin's brother's family and my cousin's family. Basically just a 24-hour trip, but it was fun and relaxing. And we drove home through Logan and hit a few favorite spots. Even though we weren't gone very long, it felt like we had vacationed for a week - very nice!



No comments: