Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Love This Man!


(This pic isn't the greatest, since it's dark and I couldn't use the flash, and our Christmas lights are reflecting and look like tiny UFOs.)

But this is Quentin, fixing the shingles on our roof in the dark. Today was the first chance he had to work on it since the big windstorm. - we estimate about 150 shingles were blown off and/or damaged. This morning, he had to wait till the frost melted (thank goodness we didn't have any snow!) and got to work just after noon. After 8:00 this evening he was still at it. His cousin Brian offered to help for a few hours (thanks Brian!) but it's still not quite finished. Quentin quit for the night when he noticed frost forming on the rooftop.

Anyway, the point of this post (and some of you may gag at the cheesiness)... I just love this man! He loves to fix things - anything - and I'm constantly amazed that he can usually always figure something out, even if he's never done it before. He is such a hard worker and will work tirelessly until something is done. He doesn't give up.

I'm just so proud of him for being able and willing to repair our home so that we can feel safe and sound again this winter. The girls and I were talking tonight about how lucky we are to have a husband/daddy that will work so hard for us. I always feel safe around Quentin. If there is ever a problem, I know that he will take care of it - and us. And I just can't thank him - and my Heavenly Father - enough! :)

1 comment:

la-dawn@juno.com said...

We are all blessed to have Quentin in our lives.
Thank you, Quentin for the help and kindness you give to all of us!!