I know my last post was about how wonderful my Quentin is, but I just wanted to give another shout-out to this wonderful guy! Today's his 36th birthday! Quentin is so great to always get my birthday and the girls' birthdays and our anniversary off, but for the past 6 years he hasn't been able to get any vacation days scheduled in December. Which really stinks because he can't get any time off around Christmas, but I always feel bad because he always has to go to work on his birthday. Yeah, I know what some of you may be thinking - MOST people have to work on their birthday and it shouldn't be that big of a deal. But like I said, Quentin is sentimental and is always so sweet to make our birthdays special and a day-long celebration. Except that he has to work on his birthdays. Erg.
But I digress.... I was looking so forward to this year because his birthday would be on a Saturday - finally a birthday off! But after working on our roof for 9 hours last Saturday and 8 hours last Monday, he realized he needed a few more hours (like 5!) to finish up the roof job. So after our ward breakfast this morning, he got to work. He finished it (yipee!) but it was too late to do a family activity or even take him out to dinner. So we ended up ordering Cafe Rio and eating at home, and then my mom and his family came over for cake, ice cream and presents. We had thought about watching a Christmas movie later tonight as a family, but he and I have both been sooooo tired!
So even though Quentin had the day off, he still had to work! But I am just so thankful for him - he works so hard and I always feel safe and secure around him. I love how, from the day we met, I could always totally be myself - and he even loves me!
Happy birthday to the best husband and daddy ever!
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment