December 1st. I guess the countdown is on. Doesn't it just seem like we celebrated Halloween about 2 weeks ago?! Anyway, we have a little tradition at our house (which was a tradition while I was growing up as well - thanks to Mom!) that starts in December. Santa's little elves watch us and leave a little treat or tiny toy in our advent calendar if we are good. Some years we have discovered a note for a new Christmas book; other years the girls have opened the doors to find a piece of our nativity set. The girls have been so excited and have tried to be on their best behavior. Last night, Kiera fell asleep with her Santa hat on, and Makenna left little notes and tiny bowls of food for the elves. This morning when they opened the advent door, they discovered a little Lego kit that makes a snowman! How cool is that?! Even though December is busy and can be hectic, it's the little things that make memories. Welcome December!
Christmas really has the best traditions! I love your advent calendar tradition. But so far, my girls don't get the whole "behave for Santa" thing yet...
Aimee, The elves may have gotten it at Target for around 25 bucks. I think they're pretty hard to come by, so good luck. I think Lego has a new version each year. So far they seem pretty nifty. I love Legos because they're an all-age, boy or girl "toy."
3 comments:
Christmas really has the best traditions! I love your advent calendar tradition. But so far, my girls don't get the whole "behave for Santa" thing yet...
Where did the elves get that snowman lego set?! Cam is begging for Christmas legos this year. Ugh.
Aimee,
The elves may have gotten it at Target for around 25 bucks. I think they're pretty hard to come by, so good luck. I think Lego has a new version each year. So far they seem pretty nifty. I love Legos because they're an all-age, boy or girl "toy."
Post a Comment