Makenna had a "few" friends over for a party the day before her real birthday....

Makenna loves monkeys (she especially likes that monkey starts with the letter M, just like her name does) and wanted a monkey party. For the party, she and her friends first went on a monkey hunt (they searched for jungle animals that were hidden in the trees in our backyard). The jungle animals were actually tiny 3-D puzzles that they then put together. After that, the kids colored a jungle animal mask, then we did a monkey pinata. I've never been a fan of the hitting pinatas, so I was excited to find a "pull the string" monkey pinata. Everyone grabbed a string and pulled....

....only one string was supposed to open the secret trap, but apparently I got a dud. It didn't open at all! So we busted open the bottom and scattered the candy and prizes. Then we divided it up equally so everyone was happy!
Kiera liked wearing the monkey head!

Then we had monkey cupcakes and opened presents.
(I can't figure out why this pic is sideways)


What a fun party! We just love Makenna so much and are so lucky to have her in our family. She's spunky, silly, sweet. Our little monkey!
We saved the presents from us for the next day, her real birthday. How fun to open presents two days in a row!










No comments:
Post a Comment