
As a kid, I thought January and February were the longest, most boring, most pointless months out of the whole year. But now as an adult, I just relish these months! They provide a good excuse to do some of the things I love the most. So here's my Ode to January...
January, how do I love Thee? Let me count the ways. In January, I can:
* Tear apart the house, organize every nook and cranny - and not feel guilty that I should be doing yard work instead.
* Work on decorating or "house projects" - and not feel guilty that I should be doing yard work instead.
* Scrapbook - and not feel guilty that I should be doing yard work instead.
* Cuddle up with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book - and not feel guilty that I should be doing yard work instead.
* Cook yummy, hearty foods and try new recipes - and not feel guilty that I should be doing yard work instead.
* Grab a blankie and my girls, close the blinds, and watch a movie in the middle of the day - and not feel guilty that I should be doing yard work instead.









2 comments:
May I just say.....Amen.
I also love the months of
October and November for the
same reasons!
"Yard work"....Bah Humbug!!
Sounds like you should just hire someone to do your yardwork and then you'd never have to feel guilty!
Post a Comment