

After such a busy week focusing on Dallin and Crystal's wedding, it was nice to go to church and remember the season and get in the mood for Christmas. We had a wonderful Christmas program, and in Primary the kids got to "Journey to Bethlehem." They each dressed up (in simple costumes) as a shepherd, wise man, etc., went to pay their taxes, talked to the inn keeper, then had goat cheese, olives and unleavened bread for a snack. The journey culminated at the nativity scene. Quentin and I were asked to dress up as Mary and Joseph, and we held a doll wrapped in "swaddling" clothes. I felt sort of silly draped in an old sheet, but when the Primary children silently came into the room and reverently sang "Silent Night," Quentin and I bot teared up. How would it have been to be there to witness and worship our Savior as a newborn baby? Something to ponder during the hustle and bustle of the season....









1 comment:
I teared up just hearing what happened. How sweet. We had a beautiful day as well.
Have a great CHristmas!!!!
Post a Comment