

Ever since the girls got their bunk beds, we've been doing our nightly bedtime stories on the floor. There's not much room on Makenna's bottom bunk, and it gets crazy if we're all up on Kiera's top bunk. So I've been trying to figure out a little Reading Corner in the girls' room. We bought a bed canopy thing from Ikea about 6 months ago but needed something to sit on underneath.... Then lo and behold, my mom mentioned that she was wanting to get rid of a little rocking bench that she has had for 30-plus years. It's the little bench that I used to take naps on as a baby and the bench that Quentin borrowed from my parents when he proposed to me. So in addition to the sentimental value, it's a perfect little bench for our Reading Corner. I'm still trying to decide how to update it - paint it white? Find new cushions and cute pillows? We'll see - but we're just so happy to have it just the way it is (thanks Mom!)









5 comments:
What a cute idea! I wish I had a nice bench to sit on while I read to my girls.
It is PERFECT!
There are many sweet memories that
are attached to that bench.
Completely perfect! Paint it a color though! You already have lots of white in there. Maybe the green on the canopy? What a good idea Kellie! I may have to copy you....
Very Cute!
Lucky you!!! I love that bench and I want one!!!! so cute!
Post a Comment