What a weekend. Kiera had Monday off for a "Quality Teaching Day," I think they call it. Whatever that is. It has been a pretty quiet weekend, but though we didn't have much planned, we found plenty to do. The girls found my old sponge curlers and wanted them in their hair. Quentin (being the awesome daddy he is) put them in their hair and Kiera was thrilled with the results the next morning. Makenna was not so thrilled. She had a hard time sleeping in them and wanted us to take them out just on one side so she could sleep. I guess I can't blame her. I always hated sleeping in those things as a kid. But when she saw her curly hair, she was worried that her straight hair had gone away forever. She braved it for one day but was relieved after her bath that her hair was back to normal.
On Monday my mom had Kiera and Makenna over for a "playdate." They've been planning this for weeks and the girls couldn't wait. There's just something about having Granny to themselves and having snacks and crafts and cartoons. My mom's just way too nice. The girls made "Pom Pom Bugs" and played with them all day yesterday, slept with them last night, and Makenna is still playing with hers. She likes to put them on my plant and let them "hang out."



No comments:
Post a Comment