Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oops - I Did it Again

Hmmmm.... It seems like my hair and I go through a cycle: I let it grow out sort of long-ish, then get sick of it, cut it, hate it, let it grow out again, get sick of it, cut it, etc. etc. I guess I'm never really happy with how my hair is. Well, I did it again. I got my hair cut. I've been eyeing styles for a few months and chose the one I wanted - a shoulder-length "Bob" (yes, I know that totally sounds totally a mom-ish). Anyway, yesterday I took advantage of Quentin being able to watch the girls and I went to have it cut. Let me just say - whenever I get my hair cut, it always ends up shorter than I plan. I told the lady "Shoulder Length" - well, it's "Chin Length"...and the difference between shoulder and chin is quite big. Ugh. It's short. Shorter than I've probably ever had it. But whattaya do except wait till it grows out again?! I actually don't really mind the length as much as the fact that it's just so poofy (or fluffy as Kiera calls it) on the ends - it makes my hair look like a triangle. Notice I haven't posted a picture. I have to figure out a way to make it look halfway decent before I face everyone at church today. I've got 3 hours to work on it - wish me luck!

5 comments:

Katie said...

two words - flat iron! When I cut my hair short it was the only thing that kept it from going frizzy. And post a picture - I wanna see! I bet you look great!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it! I bet it's cute!! Go back and have her put in some long layers. It would take away the poofy and look really cute!!!!

Minetta said...

I have to laugh. I feel your pain! I am the same way; never happy with my hair. Still. Change does feel good, right? At least you didn't try to make it blond and end up making it that funky yellow-orange bleach-blond-gone-wrong color. (I've been there; it was NOT pretty.) I cried after an hour of checking myself in the mirror every few minutes hoping I was dreaming. Really. I was hoping it was just a nightmare I would wake up from. When I realized it was real, I cried.
I'd like to see a pic when you get over your shock.

Candi said...

I hear ya! I'm at that stage of needing to chop my hair off. I hope I can wait until a little closer to summer, but it's been driving me crazy! Anyway, I meant to tell you on Sunday when I first saw it that yours looked cute.

Aim Aug said...

I want to see a pic. I don't get to see you enough anyway. I bet it's really cute, you just aren't used to it yet!