
I'm sure most of you have seen those little "File Folder/Quiet Folder" games floating around sacrament meetings - little gospel-centered games to entertain and keep kids quiet. They're something I've seen before I even had kids and thought were neat. Last year when I was on the Enrichment Committee, I had a great idea to have an Enrichment activity to work on these little folders. We had a great turnout and I thought I would be motivated to get them done. I chose 10 to make copies of and began working on them. Then put them away. And kept looking at them and feeling guilty for not finishing them. Well, this weekend the girls and I worked hard and finally finished them - well, 5 of the 10. And I figured that's enough for now. Those little buggers take forever to copy, color, cut, laminate, cut again, put magnets on.... But they're worth it. All 3 girls sat like angels during sacrament meeting today, plus Kiera began learning how to calculate 10% tithing. It's good to finally have them done! Maybe I'll eventually get around to getting the other ones done - someday.









3 comments:
You are good. I did those a few years back. HOWEVER our velcro is SOOOOOO LOUD when the boys pull the pieces off. It is almost embarassing so I put them away. But I think we might just pull them out again and try it again. In our ward it is so loud what is a little velcro!! Good job on your motivation. Yours look really cute and you spent a lot of time on them.
Hey Jen,
Try magnets instead. They're MUCH quieter!! :0)
-Kellie
Having seen this project "in person", I must say it is beautiful!
Good job, Kel....Lots of work, but I'll bet the girls love it!
Post a Comment