We moved into our home 2 years ago today. Happy Home Anniversary!! I'll tell ya, we LOVE it here. When we moved into our Farmington house in 2000 we planned on staying there forever, but then after 2 kids we realized it wasn't going to work for us forever. Through nearly 3 years of wondering, searching, and praying, we went through lots of ups and downs. We hated the thought of leaving our beloved house and the great neighborhood...we got excited about building in a couple different areas but it didn't pan out...we saw lots of homes that were nice but just didn't feel right.... Until we found this one. I knew it was "the one" pretty much the moment I walked in the door - I kept looking for something wrong but realized as I walked through it that it was perfect for us; everything we had been looking for. Quentin took a little more convincing (I prayed for comfort in being able to pass it up, but Quentin's mind started changing basically overnight and he's the one that said we needed to make an offer!) Anyway, I just am so happy that we "landed" in such a wonderful area and neighborhood, and we love our home. It's where our kids will grow up and we will grow old. Happy Anniversary, Home!!
Oh, and to make things even better, we were able to refinance and closed yesterday. Can you believe we got a 4.25% rate?! The ladies with the title company and the mortgage company said they've never seen anyone get a rate that low. Quentin just happened to call the mortgage company during a window of about 2 hours when the rate dipped lower than ever. Yahoo! So that new rate will save us over $250 a month. Awesome, eh?
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Congratulations!
I love your home, too. It always feels so comfortable and warm at your house. (could be the good company!!)
Congrats on the re-finance, too!
It helps to be married to a financial whiz!!
Happy House Anniversary!!! Can't believe it's been 2 years. Here's to many, many more!
Post a Comment