Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy 94th!


Last night we went to Quentin's Grandma Stephens' 94th birthday party. I'll tell ya, she is just an amazing woman. So inspiring! She is always the life of the party, all dressed-up, with jewelry and high-heels. She's just so darn cute and makes whoever is around her feel good. She said she still feels young - it's everyone else that makes her feel old! She told everyone that she lives for us and that she wants to do things for us. In fact, she called Quentin's dad the other day and asked what he was doing. He said he was fixing himself some lunch since Barbara (his wife) was at work. Grandma Stephens told me, "I got off the phone with him and got to work. I made him some soup, some macaroni and cheese, and some potato salad." She handed us the bag and asked if we would take it to him. As I took the bag I thought, "Wait - this is what people should be doing for HER!" She's just so sweet. What an amazing example and an amazing life.

3 comments:

Me - Jen said...

Wow she looks great. Good genes in the family.

la-dawn@juno.com said...

She is such a sweetheart.
She is always so cheerful, happy and positive.
That must be her secret to a long, happy life!

The Colby's said...

I hope I look as good when I'm 80....