Okay, so I have to brag. I just got off the phone with my mom and was telling her about Kiera's "Parent-Teacher Conference" (or whatever it's called nowdays) last night. I told my mom that I thought about writing about it on my blog but felt like I would sound like a proud mom bragging about my daughter - and my mom said I should! So here goes!
We are just so proud of Kiera! She receives lots of recognition for her politeness and genuine kindess toward others. And we're also thrilled at how much she enjoys learning, loves school, and just can't get enough of reading. She'll sit for literally hours at a time, devouring a book that she can't put down. Anyway, Kiera's teacher said that she is reading at a third grade level (remember - she's in FIRST grade) and is on a math level that is in the middle of second grade. Wow - I'm impressed. But it also makes me wonder - are all the kids doing this well; and if so, maybe the coursework needs to be stepped up a bit. On the other hand, if Kiera really is on a higher level, I worry that maybe she's not being stimulated enough at school. I'm thankful for the school's computer program and that each student can work at his/her own level, but still.... Whatever the case, we're just happy that Kiera loves learning and is just doing so well.
In other news, we have an announcement that probably no one else cares about but us - but we get to keep our trees!! A couple of months ago, Rocky Mountain Power came to our door and told us that they would have to remove the 3-4 flowering pear trees in our backyard - the trees next to our patio that are so beautiful during each season and which give us much-needed shade. They said they needed to remove them because of the power line overhead. We put in a refusal and have had 2 other representatives come to talk to us - and we got a little freaked out when we noticed our neighbor's 25-year-old weeping willow had vanished one day! But yesterday the forester for Rocky Mountain came out and told us that they reviewed our case and are willing to keep the trees trimmed (for free) and not have to remove them. I know it's silly, but I can't tell you how relieved I am! Yay!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Of course, every parent should brag about their children!!!
I'm so proud of Kiera!
I'm so glad you get to keep those beautiful trees!
Post a Comment