I love Christmas. But I hate, hate, hate hearing Christmas music right after Halloween. I mean, come on - it's like as soon as Halloween is over, everyone is focusing on the next big holiday. But hello - Thanksgiving comes BEFORE Christmas. Thanksgiving, to me, is a sacred, reverent holiday...a time of reflection and gratitude. But I hate when I go to the grocery store and they're playing Christmas music when Thanksgiving is still a couple of weeks away! I get that they're trying to "set the shopping mood" but it just makes me want to run out of the store screaming, "Not yet! Not yet! I can't stand it!" If I hear Christmas music on the radio I can just roll my eyes and turn the station. But when I'm shopping - grocery shopping, for crying out loud - and it's everywhere I go, it just drives me crazy.
Let me just enjoy fall and look forward to Thanksgiving. But then the day after Thanksgiving, bring on all the Christmas craziness!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I agree! I want to enjoy every season and not always be rushing through the present to get to the future. Thanksgiving is such a special time of year, let's focus on it!!
Post a Comment