Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just Call Me "Miss Kellie!"


Well, so everyone has had their first day of school - second grade and kindergarten. And yesterday it was my turn for MY first day! I began teaching at Kiera and Makenna's old preschool! As you may recall, just under a year ago when I was a monthly "parent helper" at Makenna's preschool, the teachers asked me if I would be interested in being a teacher for the optional Wednesday class this year. I jumped at the chance! So I have 10 4-year-old students and teach the "Mozart Math" program, which integrates music and math education. It is SO fun! The kids were great, and I'm excited for the opportunity to get out of the house once a week (just for 2 1/2 hours), make a little bit of extra cash, and especially get my feet wet for when my friend Jill and I will start Scootlebugs Preschool in my house next Fall! Yippee!

1 comment:

Aim Aug said...

Yay Miss Kellie! You're going to be a great preschool teacher! We need to get together and do something soon, been too long. Congrats on your first day.