Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kasidee's New Smile




Our sweet little Kasidee has been through a lot today, but she's been a little trooper! She and Makenna have both had what the dentist calls "compromised enamel" and they have both had to have some dental work done where they put caps on the 4 front teeth and the 2 upper molars. Thank goodness it's just baby teeth and shouldn't affect the permanent teeth at all. Anyway, Makenna had the procedure done 3 years ago and Kasidee had hers done this morning at Primary Children's Hospital. They had to put her under general anesthesia for about an hour which is always a concern. Quentin and I only slept about an hour and a half last night, but things went so smoothly this morning and we're all so glad it's over. Kasidee's poor little baby teeth started looking sort of chipped as soon as they began coming in; the new caps look quite different (with cute little gaps!) - but I'm sure you'll agree that she's still got the sweetest little smile!

3 comments:

Candi said...

I sure think her new teeth make her look a LOT like Makenna. Nobody should have any problem placing them in the same family. I know how terrible it is to have bad teeth, so I hope her new teeth help.

Aim Aug said...

Very sweet smile! Glad she is okay.

The Stansbury Stephens said...

I agree with Candi. And, as different as Makenna and Kasidee are, they have something in common now. Hopefully this worry is put behind you now.