Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting to Know You . . .


I guess Quentin and I either know each other a little too well or we are just very much alike. On several occasions, we have given each other the same gift. Like last year on our anniversary, we each got each other a windmill for our yard - and they were exactly the same, even purchased at the same place. So I guess we shouldn't have been surprised that we did it again! For some reason, I have always liked Precious Moments figurines and Quentin has added to my collection over the years. While in Disneyland, he saw a figurine of a couple wearing Mickey Mouse ears. He bought it and hid it from me during the rest of the trip and on the way home. While I was contemplating what to get Quentin for our anniversary, I recalled seeing a Precious Moments figurine wearing Mickey Mouse ears and went to Hallmark to get it. (I know that's kind of a girly thing to get a guy but I figured Quentin would appreciate it anyway). Well, imagine our surprise when we saw that we got each other VERY similar things! So either we know each other too well or we're very much alike - either way, it's a good thing!

1 comment:

Minetta said...

That is SO sweet. (It's almost corny in a way, but SO sweet). I think it's awesome! You are "as one". Cool.