Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Disneyland!!

We went to Disneyland for Spring Break last week! Quentin and the girls had never been there before and I hadn't been since I was 7, so it really was a first for all of us. We were so glad we persuaded Mom to go with us, and we were happy to be able to visit with my aunt Loreen (Dad's sister) for awhile since she lives close by.

We had an absolute blast! We checked out a few beaches (the girls LOVED the ocean and finding tons of seashells), swam in the hotel pool, shopped for souvenirs at the Disney Downtown District, spent one day at Disneyland and one day at California Adventures.

Our first ride at Disneyland was "It's a Small World." That's the only thing I really remember about Disneyland when I went as a kid. And as we were riding along, I was surprised by how I was overcome with emotion! I just couldn't stop the tears! I guess when we were planning this trip I kept thinking about the girls and how exciting it would be for them and how much they would like it. But then being there, and seeing the "magic," I realized how much Disneyland is a place for everyone - it really is the Happiest Place on Earth!

(Sorry for all the pics - but considering Quentin took over 400 pictures on our trip, I think I narrowed it down pretty well!)






















5 comments:

amy said...

looks like a lot of fun!!! cute pictures - I love the ones on the beach.

Candi said...

You got some great shots on the beach! Those are great pictures. They all took me back to our trip not too long ago. Fun memories!

Me - Jen said...

400 pictures? WOW!! Wonderful pictures and it looks and sounds like you had a GREAT TIME!!

How is Kasidee? Was she fine after the tylenol?

Aim Aug said...

I'm so jealous! We totally want to take our kids! Where is that giant lego? You'll have to give me some tips. Happy Easter! Looks like you guys had a blast!

la-dawn@juno.com said...

What a wonderful time we had!
Great pictures and memories!!!!