
Boy, there sure are lots of tags out there in the blogging world. I don't do all of them, but some of them are kind of fun. I guess once you realize that blogging is somewhat equivalent to bragging (and you realize everyone else is doing it!), it becomes a little easier to talk about yourself! So here goes....
For this tag, you need to write down TEN of your "life passions." You know, the things you obsess about, the things you live for, the things that make you look forward to another day. And we all know things like family and the gospel would definitely be on the list, but this is mainly talking about projects or things you DO. Your HOBBIES and INTERESTS that you are absolutely passionate about. I'm tagging everyone who's reading (I know that's cheating) - do it only if you really want to.
1. THE WRITTEN WORD - I love analyzing how an author can use words to be so descriptive. It can be so thrilling!! I love the process of writing but I mainly love reading - and I'm really into fiction lately. It seems I've been on a 10-year non-fiction jag, and now I'm enjoying getting back to fiction again.
2. PSYCHOLOGY - I love learning about anything dealing with psychology, especially child development, personality theory, and social psychology. Every time I read or hear about anything relating to psychology, I feel like my mouth hangs open. I love this stuff!
3. FOOD - every once in awhile when I have plenty of groceries and plenty of time, I really enjoy cooking a favorite recipe or trying a new one. There's just something soothing about methodically dicing and cutting and preparing, and something magical about how a few ingredients can turn into something spectacular. And despite what some people may think, I am truly a pig. I can pack away a TON of food. I love my food simple and "naked," and I love how food not only satisfies the body but nourishes the soul as well!
4. DECORATING/HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS - Now, I'm not like Wendy on "Bob the Builder," but I do enjoy a good decorating or home improvement project every once in awhile. And sometimes I'm even amazed at how handy I can be! My next project? Putting beadboard in the basement bathroom.
5. ORGANIZING - Anything from labeling everything to making lists and schedules about every little thing, I love organizing. Sometimes I just crave an organizing project.
6. CLEANING - I can look past the dust and dirty dishes and still feel calm as long as my drawers and closets are organized. But I can be obsessive about cleaning
too. When I clean, I like everything to be PERFECT and STAY perfect for a reasonable amount of time - however, I've slowly realized that can't be done as long as the kids are in the house!
7. SCRAPBOOKING - There's such a peaceful feeling when I've caught up the girls' scrapbooks - I feel like I've preserved history! My scrapbooking style has really been simplified in the last couple of years - it's the only way I can keep up - but I really enjoy it!
8. LIVE THEATER - We've been to dozens of plays, mainly at Rodger's Memorial Theater in Centerville, and every time I go I think, "THIS is what I love to do." There's something electrifying about live theater, and it's so fun to see Kiera and Makenna really enjoying it too.
9. CRAFTS - Certain crafts really interest me (kirigami, quilling, embroidery) but I'm afraid I'll never be "into" things like sewing or floral arranging!
10. MOVIES - I love a good movie. Who doesn't?









2 comments:
I like this one, although I had to Google Kirigami and quilling. Very interesting crafts, I learned my something new today. Thank You!
AAAAHHH !!! I knew I liked you, cleaning and organizing. It is fun to get to know you from a distance. Wherre were blogs 10 years ago. Now we need Lisa to get one too!!
Post a Comment