Saturday, March 8, 2008

A New Bed


Well, Kiera finally got a "new" bed. She has loved her little toddler bed so much but obviously has been pretty cramped in it for quite awhile. We held off, thinking we'd like to purchase bunk beds for both girls - but we couldn't make up our minds - plus Makenna still really needs the rails on her toddler bed. My mom offered my old bed, the one I had when I was a little girl. We mentioned it to Kiera a few weeks ago, but she seemed pretty ambivalent about it. A couple of days ago she announced that she's ready for the new bed. So we got it this afternoon, put it together and covered up the green paint with purple to match her room. She LOVES it! She kept saying, "Oh, this is my dream come true! I can't live without this bed!" Then later she said, "Hey Mama, I've got a great idea.... Oh wait, is tomorrow Fast Sunday? (no) Well, you can bring me my breakfast in my new bed in the morning. Do you know why? 'Cause that's what princesses do!" So she's pretty excited, though there were a few tears when she thought that her old bed might be lonely. So for a few nights, her little bed will stay in her room by her new bed - it's just perfect for her teddy bear! Good night!

2 comments:

la-dawn@juno.com said...

How cute!! I'm glad it finally worked out! When I was tending the girls the other night, Kiera told me "I really don't want Mommy's old bed, because we all need a place to sleep when we come to your house and you might miss it!"
Finally, she can stretch out those growing legs.
Granny

The Colby's said...

Congrats Kiera! I like your "new" bed! Very princess-y!